Friday, February 19, 2010

Follow Friday - We Tree

Of course my first Follow Friday post has to be about Amy Coffin at We Tree.

I don't know now how I first discovered We Tree but once I did, I was hooked! I spent the next two days using my spare time to read every post Amy had written. Her blog introduced me to the world of genealogy blogging and geneabloggers!

I have had my own personal blog for a few years now but with the advent of my Facebook page that blog has really fallen by the wayside.

The idea of a genealogy blog really intrigued me. It would be a way of documenting some of my research while not boring those members of my family who don't find genealogy as fascinating as me!

That's the story of how this blog came to be and the influence Amy Coffin and We Tree has on me. Thank you Amy and all the geneabloggers whose blogs I enjoy daily!

2 comments:

  1. You are so sweet! Thank you!

    I started my blog for the same reasons: to spare my family all my genealogy talk, and also to get my surnames out there. The blogging experience has been great and I've met some wonderful people. I hope you have fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to genea-blogging! There are many great bloggers out there who produce wonderful content daily. The reading only can certainly become addicting, but the writing is fun too. I look forward to future posts from you.

    ReplyDelete