Friday, May 7, 2010

Preparing for a Research Trip - Part 3

 Just a quick update since I depart in 4 hours!  Can you feel my excitement?

At this point I'm as prepared as I going to be!  The weather has took a turn in my favor.  They are no longer calling for rain tomorrow just cloudy and windy and cooler conditions.  I look at it this way, photography is easier on a cloudy day and I'd rather the weather be a bit nippy than too hot.  As long as there is no rain in the forecast I'm a happy camper!

Tomorrow's plan is to hit four cemeteries located near each other and then after lunch head into town for some library research.  My goal is to locate family obits. Dinner Saturday night will be with my son who is at college in the area and I can't wait to see him!

Sunday is our day of adventure as that is the day we will attempt to visit some very old cemeteries.  My only means of finding them is GPS coordinates.  I can't wait to see how that goes!

I'd be remiss if I didn't send a special thank you shout out to my wonderful husband and children for allowing this trip to happen as a part of my Mother's Day gift.  Thank you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment