Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tombstone Tuesday - Cassville Cemetery, Miami County, Indiana


This is a different kind of Tombstone Tuesday post for me.  Usually I post the stones of my family members but today's post includes two stones of people I have no family connection to.

The story goes like this.........

On Thursday night after work my husband and I headed down US 31 to Indianapolis with my son for a college visit.  On the way I noticed a small cemetery sitting off to the side of the road and jokingly asked my husband to stop so that I could take some pictures.  His reply was not this trip, honey, and we continued on!  On the way back home on Friday afternoon as we came upon this cemetery again he offered to stop.  By this time of the day I was hot and sweaty from our campus tour and decided to pass it up and remain in the cool air conditioning of the car.

But I couldn't get that cemetery out of my head and I didn't know why.

On Sunday mom and I headed back down US 31 to meet with some relatives in Kokomo (see post here) and I once again passed this cemetery.  And I knew in my mind that I needed to stop.  Something was pulling me to get out of the car and take some photos.  So on our return trip home from Kokomo I stopped and quickly, before the rains came, jumped out and began wandering the cemetery taking photos.  I still don't know exactly why I needed to do this but the two stones below called out to me.   I believe they are related although not as father and child.  They died a mere two months apart.


Jay D. Winterrowd
Sept. 11, 1826
Oct. 12, 1876


Olie Pearl Winterrowd
Apr. 14, 1875
Aug. 14, 1876

No comments:

Post a Comment