Monday, July 12, 2010

Book Review - Annie's Ghosts by Steve Luxenberg

I'd love to give credit to the person who introduced this book to me but I'm sorry to say I don't remember who it was!  These days if I don't write something down it will most likely slip my mind.  Darn it, I'm too young for this to be happening!  .

Back to the book......

Annie's Ghosts is a true story of how Steve Luxenberg discovers, after his mothers death, that she had a disabled sister Annie who was hidden away.  The book is about how Steve used the skills he had as a twenty-two year senior editor of the Washington Post to research the story about Annie and eventually write this book about the journey.

I found it to be a fascinating read regarding the institutional settings of the 1930's and the methodical way Steve conducts his research.  It is also a sometimes sad human interest story as Steve tries to discover why Annie's existence had been concealed for decades.  Annie's Ghosts is a true life mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment