Friday, July 9, 2010

Follow Friday - Graveyard Rabbit of Sandusky Bay

Dorene's blog Graveyard Rabbit of Sandusky Bay is an absolute delight to me!  The best way to describe Dorene and her mission would be in her own words:

"...whether I am doing research on my own family lines, or just walking through a local cemetery and viewing the many different tombstones there, I enjoy the challenge of trying to find out more details about the individual who is honored by that stone, and learning more than just the names and dates that are carved on the granite."

A couple of examples on how Dorene accomplishes this are here, here and here


Recently Dorene posted a Sentimental Sunday entry regarding her Great Grandmother Irene's apartment
It reminded me so much of the apartment my Aunt Marie lived in near Wrigley Field in Chicago when I was a child!  I love when someones blog post brings back such great memories for me!

Your blog is such a wonderful tribute to those who graves you photograph, Dorene.  Keep us the great work and I'll be looking forward to your next post!

1 comment:

  1. Lisa,

    Thank you so much for all your kind words! I totally agree that so often other bloggers' posts spark fond memories.

    Dorene

    ReplyDelete