Saturday, October 15, 2011

GeneaBloggers Radio - Bring Out Your Dead!

Last night I experienced something new....I was a guest on GeneaBloggers Radio talking about Cemetery Preservation and Restoration!   Also on the show was Brett Atlas from RestingSpot.com.  Brett gave a very interesting overview of his new Smart Phone App and it's use in genealogy.  I can't wait to try it out!

Prior to my segment I was hanging out in the chat room, where all the "cool" kids are, not feeling very nervous.....until my phone rang and Thomas was on the other end of the line.  Suddenly I went from just chatting with online friends to a feeling of terror!  Hahahaha!  But it passed quickly.  Thomas is so kind and he was right, it was just like a conversation among friends.

I want to thank Thomas again and everyone on the boards.  I love talking about cemeteries and there aren't many people in my "real" life who truly understand my passion!

If you have an interest in cemeteries here are a couple of resources you'll want to check out.

Gravestonestudies.org
Graveyardgroomers.com
A Graveyard Preservation Printer by Lynette Strangstad.  Available through Amazon.com

And if you missed last nights episode you can listen to it online below.


">
Listen to internet radio with GeneaBloggers on Blog Talk Radio

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the work that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just listed to your episode. Great information and love the story of your experience in the cemetery.

    Thanks for all the work you do in preserving family history.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Dawn, Wendy and Deb! It was a fun experience!

    ReplyDelete