Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The (Almost) Forgotten Ellam Brother

My brick wall is my husband's grandfather, John ELLAM (24 May, 1908 - ?)

For years the information I had for John was:

Father - John ELLAM (1883-1933)
Mother - Ada Bailey ELLAM (1886 - 1967)

Brother - William H. ELLAM (1909 - 1969)

Recently I discovered there was another brother!

Ralph ELLAM (1907 - ?)

I found Ralph's birth record in the England & Wales, FreeBMD Birth Index, 1837-1915.


I also found an immigration record of his arrival on 3 Jun 1911 along with his mother Ada and brothers John and William:


What I can't locate is his date of death.  Family lore says young Ralph fell out of an apple tree around the age of 12-13, broke his neck and died.  That would place his date of death between 1919-1920.  I can find his parents John and Ada in the 1920 census in Bridgeport, CT.  However, none of the boys are listed with them.

Where and when did Ralph die and where is he buried?  The search continues....

1 comment:

  1. My husband came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promised never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. Thank you Dr OSELUMEN  for saving my broken Marriage. Dr. OSELUMEN is the best online spell caster that is powerful and genuine. Email him today. Email him: droselumen@gmail.com   or Call or text him on WhatsApp: +2348054265852  .. .......    He can also perform the following spell below 1. Lottery spell ......2 Good luck spell........3. Spell to win case in court.......4. pregnancy spell  ........5. Death spell......

    ReplyDelete