Monday, July 5, 2010

Book Review - Psychic Roots by Henry Z. Jones, Jr.

Last weekend when I  traveled to Kokomo to meet my relatives, DeeDee suggested a book to me.  Psychic Roots by Henry Z. Jones, Jr.  The book is about coincidence and serendity in genealogical research.  Those moments when chance events guide us to our discoveries. How many times do our hunches, intutition or just dumb luck lead us to discover information we may not have found any other way?

I've experienced several moments just like that and I'm relieved to hear that I'm not the only one!  Until now I've only shared those experiences with my mother who understands what I'm talking about.  Can you imagine me having coffee with my girlfriends and saying, "Hey I went to the cemetery this weekend to take a photo of a stone but was having trouble finding it.  So I stopped, closed my eyes and asked the ancestor to please guide me to them.  When I opened my eyes I felt led to go in a certain direction and lo and behold I walked right up to the grave!"  They would look at me like I lost my mind.........

But this book confirms what I truly believe.  Some of our deceased ancestors are actively involved in our research. 

How about you?  What do you believe?

1 comment: