Saturday, July 3, 2010

Surname Saturday - Brane Family

The Brane family begins in Frederick, Maryland with Job BRANE.  Since we have not found when or where Job came from, we are currently going with the "dropped by the Alien spaceship theory" as to his appearance in the records of Frederick!

Job married Martha MATTHEWS and, as for as we know, had two children.  Benjamin BRANE, who is my g-g-g-g grandfather, and his sister Sarah.  Benjamin married Catharine SCHMIDT  27 Jun 1812 in Frederick, MD and they had three children: Daniel Beig BRANE (my g-g-g grandfather), Peter Esta BRANE and Abraham BRANE.

Daniel married Mariah ANDERSON 8 Mar 1852 in Montgomery County, Ohio and they had four children: Sarah Jane BRANE, George Washington BRANE, John Thomas BRANE (my g-g grandfather) and Daniel BRANE.

John Thomas married Marilla Elma SCOTT 30 Mar 1880 in Wabash County, Indiana.  They had 8 children including my great grandmother Grace Mabel BRANE.

Grace Mabel married Pearl McCllean STEPHENS 13 Jun 1903 in Wabash County, Indiana.  They had 5 children including my grandmother Martha Jean STEPHENS.

Martha Jean married my grandfather Irvin Ora STEPHENS who had two children, my mother and my aunt.

If anyone has a connection to this Brane family and can share additional info on Job BRANE I would be forever grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment