Saturday, January 7, 2012

52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy - Week 1 - Blogs

Week 1 of Amy Coffin's new blogging series, 52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy, is all about blogs.  Here is the prompt:

Blogging is a great way for genealogists to share information with family members, potential cousins and each other.  For which blog are you most thankful for?  Is it one of the earliest blogs you read, or a current one?  What is special about the blog and why should others read it?

The irony for me is that the blog I am most thankful for is Amy's!  We Tree was the first blog I read and the one that got me thinking about starting my own blog.  With Amy's encouragement I wrote my first blog post almost two years ago!

Blogging has introduced me to cousin's I didn't know about and a genealogy community I am proud to be a part of.  On my google reader I subscribed to over 100 genealogy blogs!  It would be impossible for me to choose a favorite.

But the blog I'm most thankful for is easy.......The We Tree Genealogy Blog.

2 comments: